You will study the core concepts of Deep Neural Networks, how to build Deep Learning models as well as how to measure and improve the accuracy of your models. You will also learn essential data pre-processing techniques to ensure a robust Machine Learning pipeline. This 2-day online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
The application deadline is on September 29th.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online on October 13th and 14th. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required. Participants will receive acceptance email a week before the event.
Day 1 (Intro): October 13, 2021
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM CEST
- Connecting to a cluster: 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM CEST
- Introduction to GPU computing: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CEST (Lecture)
- Introduction to AI: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CEST (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CEST (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): October 14, 2021
- Tropical cycle detection: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM CEST (Lab + Challenge)
- Break 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM CEST
- Steady Flow Estimation 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM CEST (Challenge)